Regional Coordination, West Africa
Expand into West African Countries such as Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Mali, Senegal, Togo amongst others through our attractive tailored packages.
As of September 2018 the position of Regional Coordinator for the West African region was established. While the Regional Coordinator, Noémie Simon, is seated in the the Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Accra, Ghana, she is also frequently present for business in the surrounding countries. The region currently comprises the countries Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon (Central Africa), Côte d’Ivoire, Guinée, Mali, Senegal and Togo, but might be extended to further countries in the region in the future. The main task of the Regional Coordinator includes leading all activities and representing the full spectrum of the service portfolio of the Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Ghana (AHK Ghana).
The Regional Coordinator is also in charge of supporting the Competence centres (Energy & Environment, Private Sector Development, TVET) in the coordination and implementation of projects in the francophone region. Since the creation of this department in September 2018, the focus was set on Côte d’Ivoire where we have organised several delegation trips. The opening of an office in Abidjan is also planned for 2019. Moreover, we have worked on different research and fact-finding projects, as well as on partner and contact research for different companies in Côte d’Ivoire, Senegal, Burkina Faso, Guinea, Cameroon, Togo and Germany.
All of the following mentioned activities are not only for German businesses towards the West African markets but also apply for West African businesses towards Germany:
- Market Entry Facilitation: we help bridge the gap between you and your potential business partners and allow you to explore business opportunities through AHK Ghana via organised business trips.
- Up-to-date information on diverse sectors of the economy of West African countries and Germany.
- Organisation and facilitation of leading international trade shows in Ghana and beyond.
- Organisation of economic and networking forums for the promotion of bilateral trade between West African countries and Germany.
- High-value market studies, trade information and sector reports
- Private and public stakeholder consultation on projects
- Facilitation of fact-finding missions and delegation trips from Germany to West-Africa as well as business trips from West Africa to Germany
- Support in assessing and identifying potential business partners and clients
- Organisation and facilitation of capacity building workshops, seminars, stakeholder conferences and B2B meetings