Baden-Württemberg-STIPENDIUM for Vocationally Qualified People
Since 2001 the Baden-Württemberg Stiftung supports the international exchange of students and young vocationally qualified people by awarding the Baden-Württemberg-STIPENDIUM. The program enables both young people from Baden-Württemberg to spend some time abroad and invites foreign scholarship holders to get to know Baden-Württemberg.
Through the Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Ghana (AHK Ghana), the Baden-Württemberg Stiftung will support up to five young professionals from Ghana per year.
Fortune favors the brave: Nowadays, international experience, language skills and understanding of other cultures are more important for school, studies and career than ever before. The Baden-Württemberg-STIPENDIUM therefore enables qualified young people to take part in a placement abroad and so to broaden their personal horizons.
At present, the Baden-Württemberg-STIPENDIUM consists of several program lines, among them the Baden-Württemberg-STIPENDIUM for Vocationally Qualified People, which is aimed at young vocationally qualified people who have completed a non-academic professional training:
Based on the principle of reciprocity, the Baden-Württemberg-STIPENDIUM for Vocationally Qualified People is designed to enable applicants from Baden-Württemberg and other countries to undertake a placement abroad in the form of work experience or further training.
Our aim is to create a global network with the intention to include all regions of the world. As especially African countries are still weakly represented within the Baden-Württemberg-STIPENDIUM, the Baden-Württemberg Stiftung and the Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Ghana (AHK Ghana) will work together to foster the exchange between Baden-Württemberg and Ghana:
Young, aspiring people who are working in manufacturing, craft or service sectors can apply for a scholarship to live and work in Germany in the state of Baden-Württemberg for up to six months. The Delegation of German Industry and Commerce (AHK Ghana) serves as the point of contact for both Ghanaian companies and their young, qualified staff who are interested in the scholarship.
The program targets young professionals, seeking to grow their expertise, learn new skills and work with technologies in advanced markets.
Young professionals from Ghana will apply their newly acquired skills in their local companies, after completing a 6 months-placement at related companies in Germany. It offers exciting insights into the manner of working, business structures and management concepts of related industries in the Southwest of Germany. This exchange program will facilitate business to business (B2B) relations between the local company and the placement company in Germany.
The Program includes
- Basic scholarship to cover travel expenses, food and accommodation: €1,400 per month
- Support at Visa application process
- Allowance for a Basic German Language course
- The horizon of young vocationally qualified people will be broadened on different fields, for instance: Electrical, mechanical, manufacturing, crafts and service skills in all industries
- After their return from their time abroad, the scholarship holders are supported ideally and integrated into a comprehensive international network in which people from the widest range of disciplines and cultures can contact each other
- Local companies from Ghana and their related counterparts in Baden-Württemberg will get into contact and can learn from each other
- Applicants must have a valid Ghanaian passport
- Applicants should have at least A1 German Language degree or should be willing to acquire these basic skills before going abroad
- Applicants must be fully employed and endorsed by their employer