Competence Centre Skills Development
Education is key to sustainable growth and innovation in Ghana and West Africa. Broad and up-to-date technical and vocational skills enable local value creation and quality maintenance, thus positioning local business and entrepreneurs as partners of choice to German and European companies.
The German dual vocational training model provides tailored solutions to the evolving economic landscape. The Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Ghana (AHK Ghana) leverages the longstanding expertise from the network of German chambers of commerce in Germany and abroad to adapt suitable approaches to skills development for the Ghanaian and West African markets.
Our services include:
- High-value market studies, needs and gap analyses and sector reports
- Private and public stakeholder dialogue with up-to-date information on sector initiatives
- Advisory services, project management and stakeholder facilitation for private and public-private skills development initiatives
- Curriculum development for selected training profiles and training providers
- Quality control and management, incl. monitoring and evaluation, for skills development programmes
- Needs assessment and development of suitable “Trainings of trainers”(ToT)
- Identification and placement of short- and long-term trainers
- Fact-finding missions and delegation trips from Germany to Ghana/West Africa and vice versa
- Identification and assessment of potential business partners or clients and organisation of B2B meetings
- Facilitation of capacity building workshops, seminars, stakeholder conferences